25 March 2008

WASHINGTON, DC -- At School...The Arts Do It Best, Howard University

Ms. Parker is my Art Appreciation/Art History professor. The juxtaposed patterns of the tunic dress and blouse is what caught my eye.


Maryanne Mokoko, architecture student and one half of design house, Côté Minou. Loving Maryanne's daring play on colors (i.e., the belt). Plus the slim nature of the belt is a pleasant departure from the oversized, chunky belts that have been thoroughly exhausted. On a final note, the pairing of ballerina flats and stirrup jeans has a quaint look about it that I just love. What do you expect...she's a designer!

6 comments:

xoliquoricexo said...

thanks for the tip! i've set something up now. it's a little scary though...keeping tabs like that, LOL.

to the post - hadn't ever heard of stirrup jeans until now. very interesting.

keep up the good work!

MissJ said...

The denim jumper in the first pic is absolute classic. And I love how she pairs it with the red checker shirt. Looks like a marriage of country and city styles.
And stirups--yuck.

Chike-Ikechi said...

Jaja I love you! I can trust you to give those "opinionated, don't care if I hurt your feelings" remarks! The return of stirrups was iffy for me, but they work here in my eyes. To each is own so I put a disclaimer out there that stirrups are not for everyone!

Anya Posh said...

The lady with the afro & jumper looks comfortable & elegant.

Paul Pincus said...

Ms. Parker is incredible!

Are you familiar with the work of Mickalene Thomas?

Best,
-PP

Chike-Ikechi said...

No I'm not familiar with her work, but I did "google" her and I can see the reference your making. There is a striking similarity in Ms. Parker and Mickalene Thomas' subjects...thanks for that!