9 April 2008

WASHINGTON, DC -- At School...A Hint of Floral, Howard University


Spring must really be in the air. The floral pattern on the tie in addition to its stark juxtaposition with an entirely black suit lends a relaxed, playful feel to the look. Also I must call to attention the nice fit of the suit. For my male collegiate peers here at The Mecca, this is how a suit is to be worn--fitted and not 2-3 sizes bigger than you. I'm not a big fan of three button suits (I'm a short chap so they look rather long on me plus a great deal of three-button suits are worn in a Bernie Mack, oversized style), but the fit makes me overlook that.

In order to replicate this fit and overall look, the lovely folks over at GQ and Men.Style.com put together a "How To Buy A Suit" guide.

5 comments:

xoliquoricexo said...

dang it! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

MissJ said...

I'm feeling his panache, head to toe. Now there's a man who's serious about his threads and exudes a palpable comfort and confidence, too.
P.S. I could so see this shot on Sartorialist, but I'm glad it's on *chike*!

Anonymous said...

Whoa whoa looking on point! I have a real soft spot in my heart for men in well fitted suits. So hard to spot but always such a pleasure to see it done and done well. The Tie is a nice touch...I'd actually like to see a female try and put a spin on the well-fitted suit look and floral tie. Just had a brainstorm! :-D

Chike-Ikechi said...

thanks Jaja!

Anonymous said...

I love the way he looks. Perfect fit (suit). He looks like Usher.